The last year has changed the world irrevocably. It has been a time of unimaginable loss and we grieve with the many who have lost loved ones and friends.
While we are all looking to find ways to put COVID-19 in our rearview mirror, we do know that, like us, you are eager to stretch your legs and explore the world again.
There is a saying in Mongolian that if you don’t like the weather, just wait because it will change. Here at Nomadic Expeditions, we have always believed in staying nimble and adapting to the times. We have spent the last few months re-envisioning the way our travelers will experience our destinations.
Health and safety have always been our top priority. Together with expert advice from leading health organizations and industry partners, we have instituted new procedures to ensure our travelers and staff remain safe. Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) has established new global protocols to ensure the safety and health of all travelers. Nomadic Expeditions adheres to these guidelines as well as adding an additional level of protection through the following procedures:
Health and Safety Procedures:
- Smaller Groups: Our average group size ranges from 6-10 travelers but we will cap all tours at 14 people.
- Itinerary Modifications: We have carefully analyzed all of our itineraries and have modified them, when necessary, to minimize domestic flights and incorporate scenic overland journeys instead.
- Our destinations (Mongolia, Tibet, Bhutan) naturally lend themselves to social distancing, but we have modified our itineraries whenever possible to focus on nature and outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary time indoors.
- Staff in our destinations have undergone extensive training in safety and hygiene practices and will continue to receive supplemental training as new guidelines are recommended by government and health authorities.
- All guides and staff members who are in contact with travelers will undergo daily health assessments, including temperature checks. All staff will wear face masks when social distancing is not possible.
- All vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized regularly. In order to give travelers more space, larger vehicles will be utilized where possible.
- We will only recommend and utilize hotels and restaurants that consistently follow a high standard of hygiene and comply with all WHO and respective government protocols and requirements.
- Prefer to travel alone or with your own private group? Our travel designers are experts in designing private journeys and all of our group itineraries may be enjoyed as a private trip.
We have taken additional steps to ensure added peace of mind for our clients in these trying times.
Relaxed Cancellation Terms:
2020 has taught us all to be patient and flexible, and Nomadic Expeditions is applying that mindset to its revised cancellation policy. Now, when you book any trip for 2021, you can cancel for any reason up to 90 days prior to departure and receive a full refund, minus the administrative processing fee of $175. As a reminder, all cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellation charges are based on the number of days from the date the written cancellation notice is received until the trip’s departure date.
2021 Cancellation charges:
90 days or more $175.00 per person
89-61 days 25% of the total trip cost
60-46 days 50% of the total trip cost
45 or less days 100% of the total trip cost
You Deserve All The Credit:
Travelers who need to cancel within 90 days of departure but postpone their trip to 2022 will have 100% of their payment credited to a future trip across all Nomadic Expeditions destinations.
Get The Facts From Our Destination Experts
Many countries have now imposed entry restrictions for international arrivals, and governments are advising against all but essential travel to various destinations. Don’t worry about trying to make sense of it all—our staff is well informed on the situations on the ground across all of our destinations. We are here to support and serve you during our regular office hours. Please email us or call us 800-998-6634 or 609-860-9008.
Travel, at least for the near future, may look a little different than in years past, but if we have learned anything from the pandemic, it is the importance of human connection. We look forward to meeting in person once again and welcoming you back to our enriching destinations.
Founder and CEO