The last year has changed the world irrevocably. It has been a time of unimaginable loss and we grieve with the many who have lost loved ones and friends.
While we don’t know for certain when COVID-19 will be in our rearview mirror, we do know that, like us, you are eager to stretch your legs and explore the world again.
There is a saying in Mongolian that if you don’t like the weather, just wait because it will change. Here at Nomadic Expeditions, we have always believed in staying nimble and adapting to the times. We have spent the last few months re-envisioning the way our travelers will experience our destinations.
Health and safety have always been our top priority. Together with expert advice from leading health organizations and industry partners, we have instituted new procedures to ensure our travelers and staff remain safe. Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) has established new global protocols to ensure the safety and health of all travelers. Nomadic Expeditions adheres to these guidelines as well as adding an additional level of protection through the following procedures:
Health and Safety Procedures:
- All travel documents will be sent electronically.
- Smaller Groups: Our average group size ranges from 6-10 travelers but we will cap all tours at 14 people.
- Itinerary Modifications: We have carefully analyzed all of our itineraries and have modified them, when necessary, to minimize domestic flights and incorporate scenic overland journeys instead.
- Our destinations (Mongolia, Tibet, Bhutan) naturally lend themselves to social distancing, but we have modified our itineraries whenever possible to focus on nature and outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary time indoors.
- Staff in our destinations have undergone extensive training in safety and hygiene practices and will continue to receive supplemental training as new guidelines are recommended by government and health authorities.
- All guides and staff members who are in contact with travelers will undergo daily health assessments, including temperature checks. All staff will wear face masks when social distancing is not possible.
- All airport transfers will be private.
- All vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- In order to give travelers more space we will limit capacity to just three travelers per SUV/sedan. Vans and larger vehicles will be utilized at 50% of seating capacity to ensure that every passenger has a window seat.
- We will only recommend and utilize hotels and restaurants that consistently follow a high standard of hygiene and comply with all WHO and respective government protocols and requirements.
- Dining will be private or à la carte only (no buffets or crowded restaurants).
- Prefer to travel alone or with your own private group? Our travel designers are experts in designing private journeys and all of our group itineraries may be enjoyed as a private trip.
We have taken additional steps to ensure added peace of mind for our clients in these trying times.
Relaxed Cancellation Terms:
We’re living in uncertain times, but we’re changing that. When you book any trip for 2021 and cancel for any reason, up to 90 days prior to departure, you’ll receive a full refund, less an administrative processing fee of $175. If you need to cancel within 90 days of departure, 100% of your payment will be credited toward a future trip across any of our destinations, valid through 2022.
You Deserve All The Credit:
If you decide to postpone your trip, we will credit 100% of your payment towards your rescheduled trip through 2022.
No Price Increases:
As our partners around the world increase their prices each fall, we typically adjust ours as well. We have made the decision to suspend all price increases this year. If you booked a journey with us and reschedule to 2021, you will not see any price increases.
Get The Facts From Our Destination Experts
Many countries have now imposed entry restrictions for international arrivals, and governments are advising against all but essential travel to various destinations. Don’t worry about trying to make sense of it all—our staff is well informed on the situations on the ground across all of our destinations. We are here to support and serve you during our regular office hours. Please email us or call us 800-998-6634 or 609-860-9008.
Travel, at least for the near future, may look a little different than in years past, but if we have learned anything from the pandemic, it is the importance of human connection. We look forward to meeting in person once again and welcoming you back to our enriching destinations.
Founder and CEO