The Himalaya, sacred to the people of this soaring kingdom, rise to the heavens and are considered manifestations of the deities.
On this cultural tour, you will view Everest by private plane accompanied by a sherpa, explore the ancient temples and bazaars of ancient Kathmandu, meet with Tibetan Buddhist communities at Bodnath, and discover the Hindu temple complexes at Bhaktpur and Patan.
You then travel to Pokhara, where the mighty Himalaya tower above—including the iconic peaks of Machhapucchare and Annapurnas.
Finally, you will relax and safari in Chitwan National Park, situated among Nepal’s plains and jungles—home to tiger, one-horned rhino, and Indian elephant.
Join us on this mesmerizing journey through the majestic realms of Nepal to experience the full richness cultural heritage.
Contact us for 2023 Dates
$16,000 per person
(minimum 2 participants - based on double occupancy)
Inclusions & Exclusions
INCLUDED IN LAND COST:
- All accommodations in hotels/room categories as listed above, based on double occupancy
- All land transportation in private SUV vehicle
- All arrival/departure airport/hotel transfers by private vehicle
- All entry fees at all temples, museums and monuments on sight-seeing excursions
- Services of English speaking Nepali guide during all sightseeing excursions
- Daily yoga and meditation session in Pokhara
- Hiking guide on day hikes in Pokhara
- All park excursions into Chitwan national Park with Naturalists
- All meals as listed in the above itinerary
- Special welcome & farewell dinners in Kathmandu
- Bottled drinking water during meals and also during the day as needed by clients
NOT INCLUDED IN LAND COST:
- International airfare, departure taxes and en route stopovers to and from Nepal
- Lunches & dinner in Kathmandu, except for Welcome & farewell dinners
- Tips/gratuity to local guides, drivers, bell boys, etc.)
- Items of a personal nature, such as alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Movie, video and still camera fees
- Trip cancellation travel delay or baggage insurance (strongly recommended)
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Nomadic Expeditions
Tour Grading: Easy to Moderate Touring
This is an easy to moderate touring trip, staying in the best available hotels and mountain lodges. Please note that road conditions in Nepal leave a lot to be desired and the traffic can appear to be wild and unregulated and horns are used more often than brakes. Sightseeing excursion can be exhausting and long (5-6 hours) thus giving the tour a “moderate” rating. Bathroom facilities during sight-seeing excursions are limited to the facilities at a local restaurant, which could be just an “out-house.”
Nepalese cuisine (similar to north Indian cuisine) is spicy non-vegetarian and vegetarian dishes. If you prefer not to eat spicy food every day, you can ask that they be prepared with “mild spices.” All hotels featured in this itinerary have restaurants that also offer “western/continental” dishes. Food on trek will be nutritious, safe but not necessarily a wide variety of choice.
Flexibility, a good sense of humor and an adventurous spirit are essential on this tour.
Nomadic Expeditions and its representatives in Nepal will attempt to adhere to this itinerary as far as possible. Because of the nature of adventure travel it may be necessary to make changes due to weather, road conditions, any new government restrictions/requirements imposed due to Covid-19, or other variables beyond our control. Nomadic Expeditions and its representatives in Nepal reserve the right to alter this itinerary as necessary for the safety of travelers. We will attempt to inform all participants of changes as far in advance as possible. No refund will be given for changes in the field due to the above conditions. Costs incurred by such changes will be the responsibility of the participant. Please review all Terms of Booking and Details in our current application packet.
QUICK ESCAPE - NEPAL
UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Nepal
Visiting Nepal’s four UNESCO World Heritage Sites is like traveling backwards in time—seeing the birthplace of Lord Buddha, touring the ancient monuments of long-ago dynasties dedicated to Hindu and Buddhist...READ MORE