In Search of Dragons & Eagles
Join us in the mountains of western Mongolia for the annual Golden Eagle Festival before traveling to the legendary fossil beds of the Gobi on this unique and exciting adventure.
Experience the wild scenery and traditional cultures of the Altai Mountains, where Kazakh nomads celebrate their magnificent hunting eagles in a thrilling two-day festival. Continue to the canyons and sand dunes of the Gobi, explore the Flaming Cliffs and Yol Valley, two of the desert’s most scenic and fascinating destinations, as well as the towering sand dunes at Hongoryn Els.
Nomadic Expeditions’ Founder and CEO Jalsa Urubshurow founded the Berkut Association and the Golden Eagle Festival as a way to promote conservation of the Golden Eagle and preserve the traditional cultural heritage of Kazakh hunters. All proceeds from the festival’s ticket sales go to the Berkut Association, a community-based association consisting of local Kazakhs. They use the funds to further the goals of the organization, including the annual Golden Eagle Festival.
Sept. 27 - Oct. 8, 2023 (12 Days)
$8,495 Per Person
$1,300 Per Person
$2,395 Per Person
Inclusions & Exclusions
LAND PRICE INCLUDES:
- Ground transportation in Mongolia as described in the itinerary;
- Transfers on arrival and departure;
- All accommodations based on double or twin occupancy (hotel rooms and gers);
- Meals as noted in itinerary;
- Bottled/filtered water throughout the trip and soft drinks at meals;
- Horse and camel riding as noted in the itinerary;
- All excursions, entrance fees, and visits as described in itinerary;
- Extensive pre-departure Travel Guide, reading list, important information about your trip, map and luggage tags;
- Bilingual Nomadic Expeditions guide throughout your stay.
LAND PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International airfare; internal airfare is quoted separately and subject to change by airlines;
- Tips to guide and drivers;
- Passport and visa fees;
- Comprehensive medical and trip insurance;
- Airport taxes and excess baggage charges;
- Photography and video fees;
- Food and beverages not included in the group meals;
- Items of a personal nature, including alcoholic beverages, laundry, and telephone calls;
- Other items not specifically mentioned as included.
Oct. 4 - 15, 2023 (12 Days)
$8,295 Per Person
$1,080 Per Person
$2,595 Per Person
IN SEARCH OF DRAGONS AND EAGLES
NOMADIC EXPEDITIONS LAUNCHES CONSERVATION PARTNERSHIP
Nomadic Expeditions, the award-winning eco-tourism company specialized in luxury adventure travel to Mongolia and beyond, was founded with a belief that travel makes the world a better place when it...READ MORE
Where Eagles Soar
Mongolian Eagle Hunting: Sport of the Khans For more than a thousand years, the nomadic people of western Mongolia have practiced this ancient art of golden eagle falconry by training...READ MORE
Mongolia: A Travel Agent’s Perspective
Travel Agent Irene Pelled Traveled with Nomadic Expeditions to Mongolia. She shares her unique insights in a guest blog.READ MORE