Mongolia Family Fun
Does meeting the three-time champion (pictured above) of the Golden Eagle Festival and learning his tricks of the trade pique your interest? What about mastering the art of calligraphy or crafting the traditional musical instrument, the morin khuur? And those kids who won’t even put away their shoes at home? They’ll jump right into chores when you visit the nomadic family’s ger. Our Ultimate Family Journey to Mongolia isn’t just about seeing a place; it’s about living, breathing, and feeling it, too.
Of course, you will see some unforgettable places. Spend a day in bustling Ulaanbaatar before heading out to the remote Altai Mountains, home of the UNESCO-designated golden eagle hunters. Craggy mountains, the tallest in Mongolia, and stunning scenery will take your breath away, while a variety of thrilling adventures will capture your heart.
Return to Ulaanbaatar, where you can take in the sights, learn a new skill such as paper-making or bow and arrow craftsmanship, or simply recharge before your next destination, Kharakhorum, site of the 13th century capital of the Mongol Empire ruled by the legendary Chinggis Khan. Here, history leaps off the textbook page, and your pulse will quicken in this fascinating place. Of course, the Orkhon Valley is also considered one of the most beautiful places in Mongolia and riding a horse through the scenic landscape will seem almost magical. We’ll also arrange a private shaman ceremony to complete this once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Whether it’s going behind the scenes with a paleontologist or learning the ancient art of throat singing, our immersive experiences in alluring destinations set a new standard for family adventures.
May thru Oct., 2022 (14 Days)
FAMILY OF 4:
Land Cost Starting from $31,495
From $275 per person
From $1,055 per person
Inclusions & Exclusions
LAND PRICE INCLUDES:
- Ground transportation in Mongolia as described in the itinerary
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- All accommodations based on double or twin occupancy (hotel rooms and gers)
All meals in Mongolia including a camp cook while tenting
- Bottled/filtered water throughout the trip and soft drinks at meals
- All excursions, entrance fees, and visits as described in itinerary
- Extensive pre-departure Travel Guide, reading list, important information about your trip, and luggage tags
- Bilingual Nomadic Expeditions guide throughout your stay.
LAND PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International airfare; internal airfare is quoted separately and subject to change by airlines
- Passport and visa fees
- Comprehensive medical and trip insurance
- Airport taxes
- Excess baggage charges
- Photography and video fees
- Tips to guides and drivers
- Food and beverages not included in the group meals
- Items of personal nature, including alcoholic beverages, laundry, and telephone calls
- Other items not specifically mentioned as included
May thru Oct., 2021
FAMILY OF 4:
$655 Per Person
MONGOLIA FAMILY FUN
The Flaming Cliffs
The Flaming Cliffs: Why It’s a Must-See When Visiting Mongolia You will likely never forget your visit to the Flaming Cliffs in Mongolia’s Gobi Desert. This stunning setting is the...READ MORE
Why Your Next Family Trip Should Be To Mongolia
Why Your Next Family Trip Should Be To Mongolia Photo courtesy of Michael Kleinberg Have you been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt? Looking for the next best place...READ MORE
Jack Weatherford Q&A: Insights on Travel and the History of Mongolia
Q&A with New York Times bestselling author Jack Weatherford.READ MORE