India is a land of intoxicating enchantment, where ancient and modern coexist in a vibrant tapestry of sensory delights.
Of all the regions that make up this diverse land, Rajasthan stands out as a fairytale destination that embodies the essence of India’s exotic charm. Its magnificent forts and palaces evoke images of bejeweled Rajput princes holding court in opulent citadels atop mountain aeries, captivating the romantic imagination.
But Rajasthan is more than just a land of legend and fable; it is a place of history and tradition. Come discover the storied land of the Rajput people and experience their medieval forts, their famous warmth and hospitality, mesmerizing landscapes, delicious cuisine, and incomparable sights and sounds.
September thru March
INTERNAL INDIA AIRFARE:
$290 per person
Inclusions & Exclusions
INCLUDED IN LAND COST:
- All accommodations as listed in the above itinerary, based on double or twin occupancy;
- Breakfast every day
- Lunches and dinner as noted in the above itinerary with special welcome & farewell dinners in Delhi
- All ground transportation in private vehicles, including all arrival/departure airport/hotel transfers;
- Bottled/filtered water throughout the trip and soft drinks during meals;
- All excursions, entrance fees, and visits as described in itinerary;
- Extensive pre-departure Travel Guide, reading list, important information about your trip, and luggage tags;
- Services of Nomadic Expeditions English speaking local guides
NOT INCLUDED IN LAND COST
- International airfare, departure taxes and en route stopovers to and from India
- Lunches & dinner not listed in the above itinerary, to allow for individual choice
- Tips/gratuity to local guides, drivers, bell boys, etc.)
- Items of a personal nature, such as alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Movie, video and still camera fees
- Trip cancellation travel delay or baggage insurance (strongly recommended)
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Nomadic Expeditions
Tour Grading: Easy to Moderate Touring
This is an easy to moderate touring trip, staying in the best available hotels and mountain lodges. Please note that road conditions in India leave a lot to be desired and the traffic can appear to be wild and unregulated and horns are used more often than brakes. Sightseeing excursion can be exhausting and long (5-6 hours) thus giving the tour a “moderate” rating. Bathroom facilities during sight-seeing excursions are limited to the facilities at a local restaurant, which could be just an “out-house.”
Indian cuisine is spicy non-vegetarian and vegetarian dishes. If you prefer not to eat spicy food every day, you can ask that they be prepared with “mild spices.” All hotels featured in this itinerary have restaurants that also offer “western/continental” dishes. Food on trek will be nutritious, safe but not necessarily a wide variety of choice.
Flexibility, a good sense of humor and an adventurous spirit are essential on this tour.
Nomadic Expeditions and its representatives in India will attempt to adhere to this itinerary as far as possible. Because of the nature of adventure travel it may be necessary to make changes due to weather, road conditions, any new government restrictions/requirements imposed due to Covid-19, or other variables beyond our control. Nomadic Expeditions and its representatives in Nepal reserve the right to alter this itinerary as necessary for the safety of travelers. We will attempt to inform all participants of changes as far in advance as possible. No refund will be given for changes in the field due to the above conditions. Costs incurred by such changes will be the responsibility of the participant. Please review all Terms of Booking and Details in our current application packet.
INDIA - EXPLORING RAJASTHAN
Shagzil Khan Q&A: A Tour Leader’s Kerala
Shagzil lives in Kerala, in the southwestern part of India, sharing its western boundary with the Arabian Sea. With 15 years of experience, he has led tours throughout India, Nepal...READ MORE
Wendy Perrin 2021 Trusted Travel Experts Awards
THE WOW LIST is a collection of exceptionally knowledgeable and well-connected trip planners around the world, all rigorously vetted and road-tested, based on my decades of experience as a travel...READ MORE
The Norms of India: How to Travel Confidently Among Different Cultural Norms
The Norms of India: How to Travel Confidently Among Different Cultural Norms First-time travelers to India may feel intimidated by the cultural differences and various norms of this subcontinent of...READ MORE